5 Things You Should Know About Spray Foam Insulation
Insulation has always been about saving energy and making occupants feel more comfortable. Today, many homeowners in Edmonton turn to spray foam insulation because it provides a superior barrier against the elements. When installed correctly by insulation experts, spray foam saves a tremendous amount of energy. It does this by forming a continuous barrier on walls, roofs, and around corners. It also gets into those nooks and crannies that other types of insulation miss.
Spray foam is a heat-activated polymer. Using specialized equipment, contractors create it by mixing two ingredients together. The mixture is sprayed onto the surface through a heated hose. As the chemical reaction between the two ingredients takes place and the substance heats up in the hose, it turns foamy, expands and eventually hardens in place. Spray foam insulation reacts very quickly and is created right at the job site.
Key benefits of spray foam insulation
- Save on energy costs. It doesn’t take long for spray foam insulation to pay for itself. Homeowners and businesses in Edmonton can see 25%, 30%, or even 50% come off their monthly energy bill when they reinsulate with spray foam. Lower energy costs make spray foam more cost efficient than other types of insulation in the long run.
- No formaldehyde. Traditional fiberglass insulation has small amounts of formaldehyde in it. While the levels are considered “safe,” why expose yourself to it all? Formaldehyde may contribute to common health problems such as breathing issues, nosebleeds and headaches.
- Enjoy better indoor air quality. Because spray foam insulation expands to fit everywhere, it prevents outdoor allergens, such as pollen and dust, from entering the building’s interior. Plus, it won’t retain any moisture, providing an airtight seal against the growth of mold, fungi, and bacteria.
- Offers more design flexibility. Spray foam is the insulation of choice for many homebuilders because it can get into those hard-to-reach spaces in complicated structures. This allows for creative design concepts such as domed ceilings.
- Lasts a lifetime. Unlike fiberglass insulation, spray foam is made of a thermoset material, so it won’t flatten or change shape over time. That means that even decades later it will still provide the same benefits that it did on the day you had it installed.
Spray foam insulation contractors Edmonton trusts
Don’t DIY it with your spray foam insulation. The key to its effectiveness is proper mixing and installation. Edmonton has been turning to expert installers at L.L. Climatic Insulation Ltd. for over 30 years. Our insulation professionals have the experience and skill to ensure that your spray foam insulation is installed correctly and efficiently. Contact us today to book your free estimate.